Haitian Proverb of the Week

"Chemen bezwen pa janm long" (The road to need is never long)

Thursday, November 5, 2009

This week has been going by especially fast! Partly because my kids have been particularly well-behaved and smiley, but also because I've been helping out with some other random tasks around the orphanage, which always makes the day go by a bit quicker. I helped out with the Toddler House photo day this morning (dressing the older kids up for their monthly photo shoot), and I also did some food and clothes sorting. I also helped out a little with the child sponsorship program; if the adoptive parents of a child want to, they can sponser the biological siblings (if any) of their child, which covers their school fees etc here in Haiti. Good stuff!

In other news, I have yet another cold, along with most of the other volunteers. That's one thing I hadn't considered; how fast colds and stuff can spread in an orphanage setting. Within just a few days, most of us adults and a good chunk of the kids are all sniffling away. At least I wasn't here the time chicken pox went through the entire nursery!




Can't get much cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment