Haitian Proverb of the Week

"Chemen bezwen pa janm long" (The road to need is never long)

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy American Turkey Day!!

I think it's a little funny that the first time I've ever celebrated American Thanksgiving has been in Haiti, of all places! We took part of the afternoon off and made some amazing decorations, cookies, and lots of Thanksgiving food (I made gravy - with quite a bit of help actually, haha). The turkey was amazing; I swear I could eat turkey & mashed potatoes & stuffing for dinner every night. Although we food we get is really good, I have started missing food from back home... poutine, steak and mom's spaghetti are high up there on the list.

Besides that, things have been going really well around here the past while! This week in particular has gone by very fast. I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks left in Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment