Haitian Proverb of the Week

"Chemen bezwen pa janm long" (The road to need is never long)

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Last night in Canada!!

Ahh can't believe it's already my last night in Montreal!! Unfortunately my flight's at 6am (I don't think I've EVER had a flight that early), so it'll probably be a pretty long day. Just hope my flight's not delayed, so that I can catch my connection in New York.

I'm not sure what to expect in Haiti... the pictures I've seen online are of Port-au-Prince's slums and snapshots of poor village life and malnourished kids, albeit with a few pics mixed in of the beautiful beaches around Labadee, where the cruise ships land. The truth is I have no idea what to expect, and feel somewhat woefully unprepared as a result. Still, I'm pretty excited :) This will definitely be the furthest off the tourist track I've ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment